Appropriate Use of Public Funds Policy
The Board acknowledges that expenditures and use of District resources may be needed to support the decision-making process in conducting district business, promote more efficient time frames for conducting business, promulgate a productive working climate, improve personnel wellbeing and morale, and nurture a positive learning environment. To serve these purposes, the Board supports appropriate expenditures and use of District resources for attainment of the District mission and strategic goals for official District activities and business.
The superintendent of designee may approve payment for the following expenditures:
- Expenditures for food items and refreshments for district staff for meetings held before normal start times, during the lunch hour, and after normal work times and any time during the day when food and refreshments are served.
- Expenditures for food items and refreshments for district staff meeting with outside organizations and associations.
- Expenditures for food items and refreshments for Board members and staff during Board meetings or work sessions.
- Expenditures for food items and refreshments for Board committees or superintendent committees during meetings.
- Expenditures for food items, refreshments, and recognition items for recognizing services of employees, retirees, or volunteers.
- Expenditures for food items, refreshments and recognition/retention items given to staff for recognizing and promoting wellness programs participation and initiatives.
- Expenditures for food items, refreshments, and/or tokens given to students to reinforce curriculum goals.
The superintendent is responsible for administrative regulations that define implementation of this policy.
Adopted: 03/18 Reviewed: 09/18